Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. One of the reasons may be that you can have something sweet and it’s acceptable.
I love eating granola but I often avoid buying the shop versions because of how much bad stuff is added (extra sugar, palm oil etc.) By making your own granola you know what you are eating is honest and natural.
This granola is the perfect thing to have when you need a quick, healthy yet yummy breakfast. Or even have it as a mid afternoon snack (definitely may have happened once or twice).
It is super easy to make and can last for a fair amount of time in an airtight container.
You will need:
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (I used half a ground cinnamon stick)
1 teaspoon sea salt
100g natural skin on almonds
75g sunflower seeds
75g pumpkin seeds
50g flaked almonds
25g sesame seeds
125ml extra-virgin olive oil
125ml maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 150c and line your tray with baking paper.
- Tip the oats into a big bowl with the spices and salt, then mix well.
- Now add the nuts and seeds and mix everything together again.
- Then combine the oil and syrup together and add to the bowl of ingredients
- Using a fork mix the oats, nuts, seeds and liquid together
- When combined together spread the mixture evenly on to your baking tray
- Then to finish put in the oven for 30 minutes, take out and turn and put in for a final 30 minutes
Leave to cool and then your granola is ready to enjoy!
I usually have it with oat milk and half a banana but its also great with berries and yogurt.
This is a Nigella Lawson recipe, goddess and babe of everything yummy:
Go on try it, I know you want too.